Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Feel Good Blogging Challenge Day #1

So in my last post I mentioned doing the Feel Good Challenge, started by the amazing Alex Beadon. I've been following her for a while now and she's been very helpful in my blogging journey. I thought this would be a good way to challenge myself and for you to get to know me more. Seems like the right thing, right?

Sign up on alexbeadon.com . You'll receive an email with the topic and how to share it. EASY!

So how it's done is Alex gives you questions to answer in your post. For the next 7 days, answer them in a post.

Let's Go!!!

Who are you?

I am Brittanee (my full spelling). A 22-year-old communication major born and raised in the lovely and sunny Los Angeles, CA. Sometimes I find it hard to talk about myself, why... I'm not sure LOL. I really want to be a radio personality. Talking about clothes, celebs, and all that jazz is just great for me. My free time consists of blogging, shopping, binge watching a very high count of series' on Netflix, and going out from time to time. I would prefer going out more but it doesn't always work that way. I love meeting people and making connections. Considering that I'm a person of many many many interest it shouldn't be that hard.

Why did you start blogging?

I have always complimented on my style. Then one particular day a classmate told me I should start a blog. After she said it, I felt like it became everybody's thought because I started to hear it more. I never followed through with it. Life took a turn and I was unemployed. Eventually, I just didn't like where my thoughts were and I knew I was always happy when I spoke of fashion, style, clothes, etc. Once I had the name down and ready, I just started blogging. Stylish Proportions came to life in June 2013. I love doing it. I see it as a release for me but also a way to reach out.

Who is your blog for?

Being a people person, I aim for everybody. I've related to all sorts of people and I never just thought of the focusing on one area. I just want to be taken in as a source the person who needs inspiration through style, knowing that they can go with whatever they have, put it on and feel great. Confidence is everything. I can show you something, and you can make it your own.

What's something you've been working on lately that you're really proud of?

Stylish Proportions. My blog is everything to me. It's the first thing that I can really say is mines. I'm happy that I eventually listened. Building up this blog has taught me so many skills and even things about myself (example....patience). It's always fulfilling taking care of my baby! :)

What's the ONE MESSAGE that people take away from your blog?

My message would be to BE YOURSELF. I'm not greater than anyone and I never act as if I am. Plenty of my posts, I have said that I shop on clearance racks and I use what I have in my closet. It's true. I'm not being paid for any of this. I just display that you don't need the newest everything to be fly. You can do anything that makes you happy, this is my way! I want to inspire. I want to be that helping hand if need be. I am that type of person. I just don't want anyone to get the message that I'm doing this to get free stuff... that was never the goal.

xo. Bring on Day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment